Saturday, September 10, 2011

God wants us to live like Christ



My good friend Ed Williams, longtime professor of journalism at Auburn University, shared this excellent thought with me:  
God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing. (Ephesians 2:10 NCV)
There are three things you can do with your life: You can waste it, you can spend it, or you can invest it. The best use of your life is to invest it in something that will last longer than your time on earth.
The worst thing you can do is to live simply for today and to live for yourself. God did not put you on earth to live for yourself. He created you to be like Christ.

Yes, Ed, I believe you are right! Today I resolve again to invest my life in the work of Christ so that I may not live for myself, but for Him! Lord, give me the grace so to live!!
                                                                -- Walter Albritton, sjc

No comments:

Post a Comment