Friday, January 7, 2011

They got him out of the grave just in time for the funeral

My friend Bruce Mitchell needs to write a book about his funny experiences as a pastor. In a recent blog Bruce tells what happened shortly after the bishop had appointed him to his first church. I will let Bruce tell it:

"Within a day or so someone in the church passed away and I had never conducted a funeral. I told the funeral director I didn't have any experience in funerals and he replied, "Don't worry, we've trained a lot of pastors and haven't lost one yet." With the Pastor's handy dandy funeral guide - and smiles from the funeral director - it worked out fine - the first of many. Another funeral went well until the interment at a small country cemetery. It was on a hillside and there had been rain. As the casket was moved into place a voice came out of the grave, "Don't worry, I'm fine." One of the attendants had slipped on mud and had fallen into the hole. We retrieved him just before the family and friends arrived."

No comments:

Post a Comment