Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Have Done My Share
Could an evening star say to the moon,"I'm tired of shining so bright,I'd rather sail in darkness and gloom.Let another shine for my light."

Could a man say to God above,"I've come to the end of the road. I have given all my love. Let someone else carry my load."

Could a river say to the shore, "I'm tired of running to the sea, I don't want to run anymore. Let another run for me."

Could a man say to God above, "I've come to the end of the road. I have given all my love. Let someone else carry my load."

Could a tree say to a bird, "I'm tired of being your nest, Go where you cannot be heard. I need a little more rest."

As long as stars shine and rivers run, And trees give birds a nest, Man's work is not done, Nor can he cease doing his best!

Dean Albritton
Copyright ©2000 Dean Albritton

No comments:

Post a Comment